Friday, April 02, 2010



Grandmother’s handwriting on the white paper
modern garden
grass
liatris spicata
siberian iris
blazing star
papyrus
baby tears
interesting
clean
,
Strawberry stains on the white plate
rectangles of sunlight
neat, clean, ordered study
my books on the rug – in my lap – on the chair
pages assigned to myself
going unread
lie still
and my heartbeat moves my whole body
a pendulum clock
full veins, heart prone to wander
rays of sun
warming skin
quiet
sounds soothe and make for real stillness
I wont write what I love
because I love it,
the dance on the bricks
the chime in the tree
the metallic, the rust, the green living friend for the breeze
I noticed her age
but I don’t want to know -
timeless, forever, she’s always.
avocados, sea salt
blueberries
a glass of clear water.


3 comments:

jordie said...

P.S. This isn't poetry. This is a lazy recording of thoughts and things I notice or like or think about in one particular moment.

1337POLAROID said...

thought it was something your grandmother wrote..

jordie said...

She wrote the different plants and ideas for the new garden, I copied down some of it.