Thursday, May 20, 2010

Consider what a great forest is set on fire by a small spark.

Mahatma Ghandi said "Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.” That is why I think I have hesitated to even journal to myself the past few weeks. I am afraid all my words would have been said without the heart of artless, virgin love that would set them fragrantly aflame, pleasing to the Lord.
I do have a heart without words right now, but my charter comes from Saint Augustine: "Pray as though everything depended on God. Work as though everything depended on you." I intended to read a lot the next few weeks; study is easy though and right prayer is hard, so I will push up my sleeves, tie up my hair and try.

1 comment:

Hannah V said...

oh jo....the feeling is all too familiar at the moment. i love you sweet girl