Thursday, July 01, 2010

Planting

I want to have a garden that is wild, unrestrained and overflowing with indigenous flora. I want to step across a long grassy path set with large flat rocks, a basket over my arm full of stones and seeds and uprooted plants. I want a pair of garden rainboots to wear with my favorite beige dress, and I want to care for and cultivate the earth that I live on while letting it be itself.

Perhaps I might learn something about how to raise children from a garden like that. Perhaps something about cultivating my own character.

3 comments:

Amandolin said...

I have been dreaming of such a garden for so long! our backyards never permit such a gorgeous collection. The only way I could have a garden right now, would be to build a raised bed and set it on the concrete in our backyard.
One day, when we have houses of our own, we will have marvelous gardens! Full of the unrestrained and overflowing, indigenous flora that we so desire. Happiness:)

Adam said...

That's how my front yard is right now!! Only not as glorious as your garden sounds.

jordie said...

Manda - we shall! But we have to move to Oregon, or the mountains of Northern California...somewhere with more green, more trees, more raw nature....

Haha Adam. (: