Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Emily Dickinson

SATISFIED

One blessing had I, than the rest
So larger to my eyes
That I stopped gauging, satisfied,
For this enchanted size.

It was the limit of my dream,
The focus of my prayer...




I must stop doubting the Lords goodness to me. I will pursue what He has placed before me without reserve, abandoning the worries over disappointed hopes. I know what I want, and I know what order the things on my list are in. Its straight I think. So I will stop doubting and go after it. Now its the patience I need - the patience that will keep me from walking all over right now by only looking at what I think will eventually come. Eager anticipation, and satisfied contentment hand-in-hand.



. . . . . . .

4 comments:

Amandolin said...

i know... it is so hard to just trust in Him and His perfect plan... we doubt, when we should run, full charge, into what He has given to us and placed at our feet. i am working on this contentment you speak of... it makes things so much easier! and the pains of hopes broken, dont sting as much as before.

Amandolin said...

and jordie did you take your profile picture?? or find it somewhere, or did you paint it!? you painted it didnt you... psh only you in your amazingness would:-)

jordie said...

Naw I didn't, I wish I could say I did. Its a photo I found on google images which I WANT to paint. I hope Im not violating some kind of copyright - Ill have to change it haha. ( =

Amandolin said...

lol! oh okay... well it is beautiful! it would be fun to paint, and you could just change the colors so it doesnt violate.

<3