Thursday, January 20, 2011

This morning

I wish I had a camera so I could have shown it to you.
...Just imagine an understated sunrise, snow dusting the trees on the horizon line, thin green and pink streaking low along a very powdery blue beyond.

Instead of growing and letting myself be shaped to love others increasingly better, I find I shape myself to be better loved. I do need to desire love to be healthy, but how do I get big enough to keep that away from my motivation? How can I love because He loved me first? It is the first day of spring classes, a beautiful day - and I am reminded that even if I forgot, even if I walked out my door with books over my shoulder, eager and rearing to do well and learn much, He would sustain me. I don't have to recognize it for God to be great, He is One - eternal; above, before, and after me. But how much better for me to hold tight onto the rope and bucket that will let down into my well of deep, dark peace.

For we do not know what to pray for as we ought, but the Spirit himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And he who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
Romans 8.26-27

No comments: